Our team are actively involved in clinical research into various aspects of fertility.
This helps us keep at the forefront of knowledge and advances in our field and, ultimately, deliver a better service to you. The way we manage your treatment reflects the latest scientific evidence. A few examples of our many areas of expertise include:
Dr Jane MacDougall is an acknowledged expert in the prediction and prevention of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome, a potentially serious risk of fertility treatment.
Stephen Harbottle is a member of the group of eminent professionals responsible for the national guidelines on management of fertility problems produced by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE).
Staff at the unit are currently evaluating a novel method of detecting ovulation. This shows promise as a simple measure that may help some subfertile couples.
- Associate Professor Alka Prakash, Lead Consultant in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
- Professor. Jane MacDougall, Consultant in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
- Stephen Harbottle, Consultant Embryologist and Person Responsible
- Beverley Kimminau, Matron
- Katie Heywood, Clinical Embryologist