IVF at Ipswich
A range of fertility services are now available from Ipswich IVF at Ipswich Hospital, in partnership with Cambridge IVF. If you live or work closer to Ipswich than Cambridge you may like to take advantage of this new service, with minimal requirement to travel to Cambridge.
The satellite IVF service for self-funded IVF means that you can have your treatment based at Ipswich the following key benefits:
- Convenient if you live or work closer to Ipswich than Cambridge.
- Same wide range of treatment types.
- Diagnostic tests and consultations provided at Ipswich.
- Highly qualified experienced staff.
- Treatment tailored to your needs.
- Evidence-based treatment with a focus on maximising your chances of success.
What can we do for you in Ipswich?
The first steps are your fertility health checks which can be done here at Ipswich IVF:
Additional tests performed here: DNA fragmentation test. To find out more about how we assess male fertility visit our Andrology Service section.
For women: ovarian reserve blood test, ovarian ultrasound scan and review consultation.
With the results from the fertility checks, we will be able to offer you the most suitable and personalised option from our available fertility treatments. Depending on the treatment we offer you, it could be performed here in Ipswich fully or partially:
- Ovulation induction (OI) this could be done fully at Ipswich IVF.
- IUI the previous ovarian stimulation follow up and all consultations are provided in Ipswich IVF. You would only need to travel to Cambridge for the insemination procedure.
- IVF the previous ovarian stimulation follow up and all consultations are provided in Ipswich IVF. You would only need to travel to Cambridge for your egg collection and embryo transfer.
- ICSI the previous ovarian stimulation follow up and all consultations are provided in Ipswich IVF. You would only need to travel to Cambridge for your egg collection and embryo transfer.
Additional techniques (only offered if it would be beneficial specifically for you) can be performed in Cambridge as part of your IVF or ICSI treatment:
- Surgical Sperm Retrieval: you would need to travel to Cambridge for the procedure.
- Magnetic Activated Cell Sorting (MACS).
- Microsurgical Laser Assisted Hatching.
What would need to be done in Cambridge?
If you require additional tests to assess male fertility, such as MiOXSYS test or retrograde ejaculation analysis, they will need to be performed in Cambridge due to the specialist equipment and facilities required. These are only performed in specific cases if considered beneficial by the consultant.
During your treatment, you will need to travel to Cambridge for your insemination procedure if you are undergoing IUI, or your egg collection and any subsequent embryo transfer(s) if you require IVF or ICSI. In Cambridge, we have the specialised equipment and facilities to take good care of your oocytes, sperm and embryos, both fresh and frozen.
We also provide fertility preservation service for both NHS and self-funded patients. We offer you the following procedures so you can become a father or a mother in the future:
How to book
Appointments and treatments at Ipswich can be booked by calling 01473 703092 or emailing email@example.com.
Ipswich IVF will make the arrangements with Cambridge IVF for your insemination or egg collection and embryo transfer so you do not need to worry about making separate appointments at Cambridge.
Most diagnostic tests and treatments are available from both Ipswich and Cambridge. Our price list sets out the associated costs and prices are the same at both units.