Katie Heywood's publications
Katie started her career in embryology in 1997 in Newcastle upon Tyne and completed the post graduate diploma in Clinical Embryology before becoming State Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council. Katie is a Senior Clinical Embryologist at Cambridge IVF.
1. Hawkins MG, Winder DM, Ball SL, Vaughan K, Sonnex C, Stanley MA, Sterling JC and Goon PK (2013) Detection of specific HPV subtypes responsible for the pathogenesis of condylomata acuminata. Virology Journal 10(1):137.
2. Ball SL, Winder DM, Vaughan K, Hanna N, Levy J, Sterling JC, Stanley MA and Goon PK. (2011) Analyses of human papillomavirus genotypes and viral loads in anogenital warts. Journal of Medical Virology 83: 1345-1350.
3. Crawford R, Grignon AL, Kitson S, Winder DM, Ball SL, Vaughan K, Stanley MA, Sterling JC and Goon, PK (2011) High prevalence of HPV in non-cervical sites of women with abnormal cervical cytology. BMC Cancer 11: 473
4. Ball SL, Winder DM, Vaughan K, Hanna N, Levy J, Sterling JC, Stanley MA and Goon PK. (2011) Analyses of human papillomavirus genotypes and viral loads in anogenital warts. Journal of Medical Virology 83: 1345-1350.
5. Winder MD, Ball SL, Vaughan K, Hanna N, Woo YL, Fränzer JT, Sterling JC, Stanley MA. Sudhoff H and Goon, PK. (2009) Sensitive HPV detection in oropharyngeal cancers. BMC Cancer 15;9: 440.
6. Homer H, McDougall A, Levasseur M, Yallop K, Murdoch M and Herbert M. (2005) Mad2 prevents aneuploidy and premature proteolysis of cyclin B1 and securin during meiosis I in mouse oocytes. Genes and Development 19: 202–207.
7. Herbert M, Levasseur M, Homer H, Yallop K, Murdoch A and McDougall A. (2003) Homologue disjunction in mouse oocytes requires proteolysis of securing and cyclin B1. Nature Cell Biology 5:1023–1025.
8. Yallop K, Lamb V, Murdoch A and Herbert M. (2003) The effect of blastomere removal on development to the blastocyst stage. Human Fertility.